Saturday, September 11, 2010

Harmony Korine x Proenza Schouler

I stumbled upon this Proenza AW'2010 video 'Act da' Fool' shot by Harmony Korine in his home town of Nashville. It's basically a gang of girls in designer clothes.. well, what else would a girl gang be wearing to drink 40s and tag words like COKE...obviously Proenza..duh.

I didn't really love the video and it kinda made me feel 'weird' after I watched it. In the end, its a way for Proenza to showcase there pieces for AW'10 and I thought the narrative and the 'story' of the girls kinda distracted from the clothes. I guess that was what the runway show was for and this is just an extension of that. Although, I did pick up on some bad ass styling and I love Vaseline smeared anything... whaaaaa?? In the end though, I will never wear thigh high socks the way I did in grade 7!!

Thoughts on the video? Everyone seems to have different reactions after they see it. Which I guess is a good thing...Happy NYFW!!!!




No comments: